Welcome Back to Bow Tie!
It is my great pleasure to announce that on Wednesday, July 1, 2020, Bow Tie Cinemas will re-open our Movieland at Boulevard Square movie theater in Richmond, Virginia!
During our 3-month closure, countless hours have been spent working on a plan to safely re-open and once again provide the first class entertainment experience our valued guests have come to expect. Nothing is more important to us than the safety and comfort of our guests and employees. With that in mind, you will likely notice the following changes when you next visit a Bow Tie Cinemas theater:
- We will ask that if you have experienced any symptoms of illness of any kind in the 14 days prior to your visit, that you please refrain from entering the theater. If you have purchased tickets or concession items in advance but don’t feel that you should enter the theater for this or any other reason, we will gladly issue a full no questions asked refund through our touchless process. Just email your refund request to [email protected] and we will process it electronically.
- Bow Tie Cinemas employees will be wearing face coverings and practicing social distancing.
- Guests will be asked to adhere to applicable requirements and guidelines for the use of face coverings.
- Plexiglass partitions will be in use at all box office, concession and bar stations.
- We have enhanced our touchless ordering capabilities on the Bow Tie Cinemas Mobile App: Purchase tickets and order your favorite concessions with the touch of a button at no additional cost. Cash and credit/debit cards will still be accepted at our registers, but we encourage the use of our mobile app or lobby kiosks for a contact-free experience.
- All seating will now be 100% reserved and advanced ticketing fees will be temporarily waived at www.bowtiecinemas.com and on the Bow Tie Cinemas Mobile App.
- 50% of the seats in each auditorium will be left unsold to allow for ample social distancing and seats will be sold in an alternating pattern so that each patron will have an empty seat on either side.
- Social distancing markers and directional signage will remind you to maintain an appropriate distance from others, and restroom capacities will be limited.
- Frequent touch points will be cleaned and sanitized by a dedicated staff member throughout the day.
- Show times will be spaced farther apart to facilitate enhanced cleaning of auditoriums between shows.
- Our regular nightly professional theater cleaning will be enhanced with additional sanitizing measures and attention to frequent touch points.
Many new Hollywood movies are scheduled to open starting in August and we can’t wait to bring you all of them on the big screen the way they are meant to be seen. While we eagerly await those titles, we are pleased to offer a large and diverse variety of classic favorites, from family movies to comedies to action-adventure classics, we have something for everyone. Classic titles will be only $5 per ticket. And of course, your favorite concession items such as Bow Tie Cinemas’ fresh-popped Signature Popcorn and ice-cold Coca-Cola beverages, will be available just as they always have.
Last but not least, we’re all in this together and we want to hear from you. If you have suggestions you’d like to share or if you’d just like to let us know how we are doing, please email us at [email protected]. In addition, a detailed list of our COVID-19 related policies and procedures can be found at www.bowtiecinemas.com/SafeCinema and any questions or comments related to the COVID-19 pandemic can be directed to [email protected]s.com.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to the movies!
Owner & CEO