MOVIELAND 6 IN SCHENECTADY SET TO REOPEN
Bow Tie Cinemas Movieland 6 in Schenectady to Re-Open December 18th
One of the few movie theaters set to open for the holidays in the Capital Region
RIDGEFIELD, CONNECTICUT, December 2, 2020 – Bow Tie Cinemas is pleased to announce that it will open its Movieland 6 theater in downtown Schenectady on Friday, December 18, ahead of the holiday season. Movieland 6 will be one of the only multiplexes open in the Capital Region.
The theater will play brand new Hollywood releases like Wonder Woman 1984, Tom Hanks’ News of the World and more. Tickets for Wonder Woman 1984 and other holiday releases will be available for purchase in the coming weeks at www.BowTieCinemas.com and on the Bow Tie App.
Customers will be able to host a Private Movie Party for up to 20 guests in the comfort of their own auditorium. The private screening is a fun and safe way to return to the movies in a secluded space with friends, family, and proper social distancing. A Private Movie Party can be easily booked on Bow Tie’s website for as low as $99.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, Bow Tie Cinemas has instituted numerous new policies to keep its customers and employees safe and to comply with applicable guidelines. They include:
- 100% reserved seating in all auditoriums
- Auditorium capacity limitations of 25% of available seating
- A temporary waiver of all advanced ticketing fees on its website or mobile app
- Selling seats in an alternating pattern so that each customer will have an empty seat on either side
- Upgrades to its mobile app and lobby kiosks to allow for contact-free purchasing of tickets and concession items
- Mandatory wearing of facemask for staff and customers in all parts of the theater unless consuming food and beverages in their seat
- Installation of plexiglass barriers at box office and concession
- Frequent cleaning of touch points throughout the day
- Enhancements to overnight professional cleaning
- Added social distancing markers and directional signage
- Limitations on restroom and lobby capacities
Bow Tie is also one of the hundreds of Exhibitors participating in the CinemaSafe NATO initiative. There have been zero cases of COVID-19 transmission or spread from a movie theater nationwide. The chain has safely re-opened select theaters in Colorado, Connecticut, New Jersey & Virginia over the past few months.
“The safety and comfort of our guests and employees during this challenging time is our top priority as we re-open. Our teams will strive every day to provide a safe, clean and comfortable environment for our valued guests to enjoy the first class entertainment experience they’ve come to expect at Bow Tie Cinemas and we look forward to welcoming everyone back to the movies,” says Bow Tie Cinemas’ Owner and CEO, Ben Moss.